Season 2023 recap
What a year it was! Not easy to pick just ten from so many nice memories but here are some of my favorite moments of the past season.
Huge thanks to all who made it possible. Grateful for the support of my family, @karolina_mak, fans, and sponsors, especially @canyon, @isadoreapparel @wahoofitnessofficial @uswesports and @skratchlabs. Thank you @simon1kessler for the guidance through the training.
1. Cape Epic, a dream came true. This muddy stage will stay forever in my memories. 📸 @michalcerveny
2. Unbound. This race really made me believe that racing gravel is the right path for me. Loved it even despite the inability to contest the sprint properly. Will be back this year!
4. Leadville 100MTB. Brutal experience. Have never been so high up, let alone rode my bike there. Definitely one of the hardest races I have ever done. @ltraceseries
5. First win of the year at the @ucigravelworldseries in Poland.
6. @sbtgrvl It is Probably my favorite race of the year. Nice, fast course and great events before the actual race. Another second place. Pushed myself to the line as I did not know how far are the riders behind. I found out I had 5 min gap on the third and less than two on the win. Almost 40km/h average speed. Crazy!
7. UCI Worlds Championships ended early for me due to a stomach bug. Loved the course though and enjoyed the crazy ride for the first 60km before my body gave me a stop sign. This will be the big goal for 24!
8. Worked on a beautiful book mapping the most beautiful cycling routes in 🇨🇿. In addition to the 📸 for the book made some fun shots for @skratchlabs
9. Bike packing trip with @karolina_mak to Rupit. Wonderful experience.
10. @sgrail.country gravel triathlon in Girona. Despite swimming for years as a kid and running regularly through the winters this was my first triathlon. @janfrodeno and @klassmarkbike put on a great event and it was a great way to finish off the season!
Cheers to a great 2023 and all the best in 2024!
SBT report & interview about my season for Raw Cycling Magazine.
Petr Vakoč is having a season one could dream of. The Czech rider, who retired from road cycling at the end of the 2021 season, switched to gravel and XC racing this year and finds himself once again at the top of the race leaderboards. Last weekend, he finished second at the famous gravel race SBT GRVL in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, adding another major placement under his belt alongside a second place at Unbound, the win at Gravel Adventure, which is part of the UCI Gravel Series, and more..
Continue reading at
Gravel Adventure win
Race Calendar 2024
February 16th-18th Santa Vall, Girona, Spain,
March 17th-24th, Cape Epic, South Africa (MTB)
April 13th Levi Gran Fondo, Windsor, California (Road)
April 19th Sea Otter XL, Laguna Seca, California (MTB)
April 28th Belgian Waffle Ride, San Diego, California
Find more about gravel racing here.